Brussel sprouts, you either love them or you hate them. I am the former, my husband is the latter, which means more for me!
I truly believe if you try brussel sprouts, that are cooked correctly (not cooked until they are soggy), with some complementary flavours, there is no reason why you shouldn’t like them. I am yet to convince Aaron of this…one day he’ll come around…
These sprouts literally take about 5 minutes and are a great accompaniment to any meal. And, there will be many more brussel sprout recipes to come, so stay tuned!
- 20 brussel sprouts
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Trim the bottom of the brussel sprouts and cut each sprout in half.
- Heat a medium sized saucepan with a lid over medium heat and add oil and butter. Once the butter is melted, add the crushed garlic and place the sprouts into the saucepan, cut side down.
- Add the lemon zest and 3/4 of the juice and place the lid on. Cook for ~2 minutes, give the frypan a shake and cook for a further 1-2 minute or until brussel sprouts have deepened in colour. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Once sprouts are cooked, place into a serving dish and add remaining lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.