It’s been awhile since I have shared a muffin recipe and I seem to be baking a new batch a few times a fortnight, so I thought I’d come up with something new.
Lemon and Blueberry are always a great flavour combination, and the addition of any form of chocolate to a muffin makes most people happy. These are a light, fresh and flavoursome muffin. All of the kids have enjoyed the 2 batches of these that I have made, even when I forgot the milk in one of the batches….ooops!
These are a simple one bowl muffin and freeze really well. They are also great for the kids lunchboxes, now that the restrictions are starting to lift and schools have returned…for us in Australia, at least.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 90g butter, melted
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips or roughly chopped white chocolate
- Preheat the oven top 200°C and prepare an 18 hole muffin tray(s) for medium sized muffins or a 12-15 hole muffin tray for larger muffins.
- Place flours, baking powder, bicarb soda and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, milk, eggs, butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the blueberries and white chocolate and fold through the mixture, being careful not to over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin holes and place into the oven and bake for ~15 minutes or until the muffins bounce back when pressed on top.